The stone building was constructed in the beginning of the previous century as a luxury hotel, and after it changed owners in 1928 and was renovated, it became the center of Jerusalem's high society. The hotel overlooks the old city and is within a walking distance of many tourist sites. Each room has a parquet floor, a wide bed and a rounded balcony facing the garden and the towers of the old city. All rooms and suites feature a safe, double-glazed windows, cable TV, towel warmer, personal temperature control. Certain rooms and most suites offer on-line faxes and modems.