More From Region




Passports and Visas

All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they are departing the country.​​​​​​

On this Page:

Valid Passport



All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they are departing the country. People with no nationality must hold a valid laissez passer, as well as a visa back to the country that issued it.

Visitors are entitled to remain in Israel up to three months from the date of their arrival, in accordance with the conditions of the visa issued to them. Visitors intending to work in Israel must submit a request to the Ministry of the Interior for a special visa.

Important note for tourists continuing from Israel on to Arab countries (except Egypt and Jordan): It is recommended that you request that an Israeli stamp does not appear on your passport. You must notify the clerk of your request before your documents are stamped.

As of July 3, 2008, an official decision has been made that will no longer require entry stamps on foreign passports. In such cases, you must fill out form 17L including your personal details, and that form shall be stamped by passport control upon entry/exit.

The form 17L will not be collected upon exit as it is necessary for the collection of tax refunds and proof of legal entry.



​Tourist Visas

We welcome visitors to Israel.  Many countries have a Visa Waiver Program with Israel which allows their citizens to visit Israel without a visa arranged in advance.  Before embarking on a trip, visitors desiring to stop in Israel on their way to other destinations must check if they need a prearranged tourist visa.  The list of countries in the following link specifies from which countries tourists are required to present a prearranged visa. 

All Visa Waiver Program travelers must present a machine-readable passport at the port of entry  in order to enter Israel without a prearranged visa; otherwise a visa is required.  This applies to tourists arriving with a passage card from countries with a Waiver Program.

More detailed information can be found in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

Extension of Your Stay

Your visa can be extended (fee required) at the Ministry of the Interior office closest to you, please call their call center at:  *3450  or  dial  12223450.  ​ ​




Before You Go