Search

Church of St. Joseph

This church, which marks the traditional home of Joseph and Mary, was built in 1914 over the remains of an ancient church. It is now within the compound of Nazareth’s Basilica of the Annunciation. Below the sanctuary are caves probably used in Jesus’ day for storing grain, wine and oil. There is also an ancient baptistery with seven steps, adorned with a mosaic depicting a ladder-like design, perhaps indicating the spiritual ascent of those coming up from the water.
Address: Nazareth

Tel: +972-(0)4-6011072
Fax: N\A
Email: N\A
WebSite: N\A

Categories: Holy Places

Additional Properties:  
Parking: Yes

Attractions