Church of the Redeemer
This church has been a Protestant landmark in Jerusalem since its construction in 1898 at the behest of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany. It is an island of peace and tranquility in the bustling Old City market, its Gothic design recalling the medieval history of this site, where the Hospitaller Knights built a hospital for pilgrims. Its bell tower affords a magnificent view of the city. The church frequently hosts organ concerts that attract Jerusalemites of all walks of life.