Search
 

 More From Region

 

Latrun Monastery

Monastery of the Silent Monks at Latrun. The site where the monastery of the silent monks stands today served as a way station for pilgrims from Jaffa to Jerusalem in the 19th century. After being sold to the Order of Saint Benedict, the monastery known as the monastery of the silent monks was built in 1890, and until 1960 its articles included a vow to refrain from idle talk and to uphold silence at all times except during prayer. A large church and living quarters sit on the monastery grounds, with a beautiful garden and a modest the yard.
Address: Jerusalem & Central Lowland Strip (Shfela)

Tel: +972-(0)8-9220065
Fax: +972-(0)8-9255084
Email: N\A
WebSite: N\A

Categories: Holy Places

Additional Properties:  
Parking: Yes
Animals: Prohibited
Banquet halls: Bathrooms

Attractions